Thursday, March 19, 2009

Let the Redeemed of the Lord Say So!

Often times, when we think of being delivered or needing to be delivered we think sin such as smoking, drinking, fornicating, and other sins physically commit. But I will have you to know that the sins we commit in our hearts and minds are just as bad if not worse. Of course I realize that there is no degree of sin but while reading The Battlefield of the Mind by Joyce Myers I am coming to understand that the thoughts that take place in our minds eventually effect our behavior. So in essence, if we were to transform our minds and align our thoughts with the Word of God then we will already be in the will of God (Romans 12:2).

The first part of this process is to stop thinking like the world thinks. The bible tells us that we are a peculiar people, a chosen generation- set apart. That means that while the rest of the nation is worried about the economic crisis, we are to remember that the earth is the Lord's and the fullness thereof. We are joint heirs with Christ. The wealth of the world is laid up for the just - that's us. God has already promised to provide all of our needs according to His riches and glory...yet I'll be the first to admit that every now and again that I'll listen to CNN a little too long start to look at economic projections instead of toward the One Who holds tomorrow in His hands.

Lately, God has been challenging me to continue to walk with Him even when I can't see Him and feel Him as vividly as in the past. God has been challenging me to simply trust that if I trust Him that everything will be alright. Why wouldn't it be? He is the same God that delivered me from so many times before. Yes, God has done marvelous things that are recorded in bible but every now and again we need to have a flash back and recall what the Lord has done for us: where He has brought us from and what He has delivered us from. God has not changed. So why should I feel discouraged? He has a proven track record in each of our lives.

Not too long ago, I had a problem with worrying. I believed in God and knew that God would supply all of my needs and would be there with me until the ends of the earth. I was fine when I could see or feel God moving but during the times when I felt that God was silent - I began to worry. I began to wonder if I was somehow out of the will of God or if I misinterpreted what God has spoken to me. There was even a period in my walk with the Lord where I believed that my salvation was dependant upon my actions (Thank God for deliverance!) . Every once and again I have to rebuke myself for allowing doubt to creep into my mind. Why? Because God has already delivered me from doubt and set me free from fear.

Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free,
and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage. (Galatians 5:1)

You see, the enemy is cunning and crafty. If he knows that Jesus has delivered you from worry, doubt and fear he will subtly try to implant those thoughts into your mind. He will slowly try to cause you to look at your problems instead of Jesus, the Problem Solver. The enemy doesn't even want you to realize that it is a sin to worry. In stead, he will have you to believe that you are only thinking logically. The problem with that God wants us to trust him blindly. He wants us to believe Him for who He is and what He says. The mysteries of God are great. As finite beings, we are not able to understand the infinite wisdom of God

For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,
saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. (Isaiah 55:8-9)


As humans, it is often hard to understand the unexplainable and fully grasp the intangible. That's why we need God. He came to do those things that are impossible by man. We can do ALL things through Christ who strengthens us. So if the Lord has delivered you - you are free! If the Lord has healed you - you are whole. If God God be for you - who can be against you.

Let the redeemed of the LORD say so, whom he hath redeemed from the hand of the enemy; (Psalm 107:2)


Let us pray:

Dear Lord we come to you humbly confessing that we can do nothing without You. We repent of our doubt, and fear and leave it at the foot of the cross right now in the name of Jesus. Lord we thank You for for life, for your Living Word and all that You have done. We thank You for never leaving us and being right beside us in the midst of it all. Your Word says that if we lack faith we are to ask more of You as you are waiting to give it to us freely. I ask that you bless every person that visits this page and every page they visit and those that visit their pages. Touch our hearts and our minds. Create within us a clean heart and renew within us a right sprit. I ask that you endow us all with an added measure of faith. I ask that you give us boldness to proclaim your Word. Give us boldness to walk by faith and not by site. Make us like trees planted by the rivers of water unmovable, unshakeable, steadfast in your Word. Help us to continue to lift You up so that we can continue to draw men to you. Lord when you do this as always we will be ever so careful to give you all of the glory, honor, thanks and praise in Jesus name. Amen.

36 comments:

luvmy4sons said...

Amen to this post. What a lovely prayer. It is a walk...truly a walk of faith...and there are steep hills where we can't see where the road is going and there are pit falls...but it is nice to know that on this journey of sanctificaiton God is with us always...and He is faithful to complete the good work He began in us! Hugs to you sister.

From the Heart said...

And I say Amen also. Without Him we are nothing. God has done some miraculous things in mine and my husband's lives recently and I give God all the praise.

A great post.
AliceE.

B His Girl said...

So....I said it. I am blood bought and His promises are true. Thank you Shanita. You always have a POWERFUL word for us. Bless Her Lord and Increase Her Territory. B

SLC said...

This as always is a timely message. We have been studying the mind at Church and the various issues the enemy plagues our mind with.

Thank you again for a Word In Season.

SLC

Myriam said...

The "Mind" is where the battle begins - yet so subtly- the enemy will throw a fiery dart at us and I am learning to freeze them right at the door if they are not in accordance with God's truth.

A timing post as I've been asking God to put a guard over my mind.

God bless.

A Free Spirit Butterfly said...

In Jesus name, Amen! Happy Spring and welcome back. Praying that all is well with you and your family. You were missed.

Love, peace and blessings!

From the Heart said...

Please come by my blog, there's a surprize for you. Look for the post His Light Shines.
AliceE.

Daughter of Annie said...

Hello - I was so glad to see your post today - I have been checking in. You were kind enough to e-mail me when I was telling you about the problems with my son. You have really helped me stay focused on the Lord and how HE will get us through. Thank you also for the beautiful prayer. mary

HALLELUJAH said...

Sister Shanita,

We as true believers are allowed to experience a true peace that surpasses all understanding.

Thoughtful post.

GOD Bless~~~

Sharon said...

I am sooo glad you are back, I have missed you! I too do not get on here on the weekends, It's God's time Amen!
God is with me always, he will never leave me nor forsake me! Priaseeeee him!
Hugggsss

Pastor A. A. McGhee said...

Provocative post my sister! Thank God for your gift of expression.

A Free Spirit Butterfly said...

Just checking in on you. I hope that all is well and that you've had some quiet time to notice that the butterflies are making their appearance (smile)

Love, peace and continued blessings. You are loved and missed!

Sharon said...

I am thinking about YOUUUUU! I pray all is great your way, and you are just absorbing all that the Lord has for you and your Journey!!!
Huggssss & blessings

TonyR said...

Amen! This was positively a blessing to read! Keep speaking/writing truth!

Sharon said...

I misssss you!!!
Keep Praising Him my friend!! He is sooo Worthy Amen! It's a good day, because we have Jesus in our life!
Have a Great Resurrection Sunday!

Tea with Tiffany said...

I prayed this prayer with my heart along with you. Boy do I understand worrying and I'm so learning how to trust God. It's amazing how much more peace and joy I have when I stop trying to figure out tomorrow...

A Free Spirit Butterfly said...

Just wanted to stop by and say that you are "LOVED and MISSED" Hoping that all is well. But knowing our Lord and your faith, I'm certain that it is.

Love and hugs,
The butterfly

ThomasCSlater said...

Shanita, great post and nice blog! I wanted to give you an award, if you could come check it out it is at
http://thelifeofthomascslater.blogspot.com/2009/04/international-bloggers-community.html

Blessings to you and yours,

Thomas

ThomasCSlater said...

Im sorry, its a tag not an award ;)
It should help more people to visit your blog!

Thomas

Sharon said...

Blessings my friend, I just want you to know I miss you very much and I'm praying for you that all is going good for you.

Happy Mothers Day :)

B His Girl said...

How are you girl? B

Symon said...

Hi there. I noticed one of your interests was 'Christian Fiction'. Please take the time to check out our Christian Fiction Review Blog: Flannelgraph. If you become a follower, you will be into win a free book/books each month. God bless you, Symon.

B His Girl said...

Thinking of you. I pray all is well. B

B His Girl said...

It is soooo good to hear from you. I have gone to your blog looking for you. How have you been? I was worried. I pray all is well with you and your family. B

Elizabeth Mahlou said...

Yeah, it is a matter of trust. If we worry, it is like taking back what we gave over to God, as if we do not trust Him. And that must make him sad. I have never found Him to be untrustworthy, and therefore I do not worry. If I have given a problem to Him, He will take care of it, and while I am waiting, I can simply go on with the rest of my life. It's a great feeling.

A Free Spirit Butterfly said...

Good morning pretty Lady! I know that the Lord is working in your life and providing your every need. Missing your encouragement and wisdom and grace but knowing that you have a solid foundation doesn't make me wonder if things are going well for you because your Blog title says it all. "By His stripes we are healed."

Love and hugs and gratitude for paying me a visit!
Free Spirit

Parkay said...

Hey sweetie pie ~ Loved your post. And yes, just like you I have a whole lot of catching up to do. I truly like this avenue of communication much better than Facebook. Your prayer is awesome. Hopefully we can pick up where we both left off and keep it moving. See ya soon and love you much. May God's blessings continue to pour down on you and keep you soaking wet!! PEACE

Anonymous said...

Hi, I googled "Let the redeemed of the Lord say so" (because God put it in my heart this week)...and your blog came up. Thank you so much, it was just exactly what I needed, especially your prayer! Grace, peace and blessing from our Lord Jesus Christ to you! Love, Nann

Sharon said...

Sister,sister, I am missing youuu!
I pray you are ok, I want you to know I have been checking your site, to make sure I haven't missed anything. But no return from you as of yet. I am looking forward to that day, Sending lots of hugggggss your way.

Have a Blessed and Joyfilled week, and everyday!

Spring M Fricks said...

Hi Shanita!!

How are you? How is school??

Did you notice there weren't very many letters? Very chaotic summer with lots of kids activites. :-) But, things are back under control and God has given me a new direction for my blog which I'm very excited about. And, of course, I'm still working on the letters. If you have time, I'd love for you to check it out.

sweetpea said...

Completely not a coincidence..I also was having time with the Lord and reading His word and when I finished He put on my mind the worship song! Let the redeem of the Lord say so! so I came to my computer to search for the lyrics so I can sing it completely and your site came up between other results...I entered because of the comment of another person that said she experienced the same thing I did..that the Lord put the song in her mind and went to her computer and found your site. GOd really has a sense of humor! He said He is Joy right?...Love your blog and we are on the same phase of learning to trust God even when we cannot sense the same closeness or connection we had before. I've also have thought that maybe I did something wrong or try to remember how I was acting or how was my time with Him before that I could sense Him and not lately? But the Lord is working in me..every time I pray or other prayed for me He says something regarding the Tree planted in rivers or bamboos growing extremely tall..He is working in me and I need to keep my faith and trust in HIM no matter what. Thanks for your prayers and for your obedience to our Father when He prompted you to create this blog! God's Blessings Sister,over you and family!

GOD'S LADIE said...

Amen! Awesome word! Thank you so much for keeping me in your prayers. I have missed my blogger family soooo much! I will posting soon about my absence. Have a blessed and Prosperous New Year! May GOD show up and show out in 2010 in your life!

Blessings!
LaTonya

Joyfulsister said...

Hi Shanita..
Happy New year.. Miss you and hope to see you posting soon.

HUgz Lorie

prashant said...

God has done some miraculous things in mine and my husband's lives recently and I give God all the praise.
home based data entry

Walk In Truth said...

Hello Shanita,
I'm a new blogger from California.
I am so happy to have come upon your blog, and your 100% correct, it was not by coincidence. I have been blessed by this, and look forward to returning to your blog. Thank you for using your blog to Glorifying the Lord.
God bless your day, Michele Katherine

A Free Spirit Butterfly said...

Happy Early Easter my sister!
My baby sister recently read your blog and gave so much praise. She was so inspired by your gift and grace upon Our Lord.

Praying that all is well and that the Lord is working mighty and powerful in your life and the life of your loved ones.

Love,
China