Monday, May 19, 2008

Seek the Lord While He May Be Found

I am not a morning person. I don't like Mondays and I stongly dislike ( I try not to use the word "hate") getting out of bed in the morning no matter how much sleep I get. However, this morning when I woke up, I felt an unspeakable need to get up out of bed and start my day. I wasn't thinking about the tasks that were awaiting me at the office or the chores that I needed to do around the house. The only thing I was able to focus on was my need to get up and thank God.

You may be thinking "why does she need to get up early and thank Him? Why not thank Him when you get up?". I'll tell you why: because I don't know how much time I have. I had to get up and talk with Him because in Proverbs 3:5-6 God promised me that if I acknowledge Him in ALL of my ways that He would direct my path. I don't know about you all but I have some situations in my life that I need God's direction in. Rather than take matters into my own hands and make a mess of things, I had rather go to God in the first place.

I was not able to lie in bed and get that last little bit of sleep because God quickend my spirit. He wanted me to speak to Him but more importantly He wanted to speak to Me. What did He tell me? He told me that He loves me, He will never leave me and He will be with me even until the ends of the earth.

When I got to work, I thought even deeper about my need to speak with the Lord. I asked Him to bring to my rememberance some scriptures that would support the urgency I felt to speak with Him. He gave me two:

Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near:(Isaiah 55:6) and
They shall go with their flocks and with their herds to seek the LORD;
but they shall not find him; he hath withdrawn himself from them. (Hosea5:6)


After I thought and meditated on these scriptures deeper, I appreciated my early meeting with the Lord even more. I don't want to go to seek the Lord and not be able to find Him. I don't want Him to withdraw Himself and His spirit from me. So despite how much I don't like getting up in the morning or how many other things I need to do to prepare for my day, I will first acknowledge He that gives me life to see yet another day.

I pray that as you read this blog and even as some of you may have been able to relate to my initial procrastination that you will mediate on Isaiah 55:6 and Hosea 5:6 as well. We have to work while it is still day because when night falls, no man (or woman) will be able to work.

No comments: