Thursday, June 5, 2008

His Thoughts are Not my Thoughts

For my thoughts are not your thoughts,neither are your ways my ways," declares the LORD. "As the heavens are higher than the earth,so are my ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts than your thoughts. (Isaiah 55:8-9 NIV)

Have you ever experienced an obstacle in your life that you just couldn't figure out for the life of you why God would place it in front of you? Have you ever had to deal with someone so unreasonable that you felt like you were at your wits end trying keep your composure whenever you were in their presence? Have you ever lost someone or something so precious to you that you found yourself angy at God for taking that person or possession away from you?

I'm sure you have. We all have at one point in time or another. It doesn't matter what your social class, financial class, race, or denomination is. There will be times when we become frustrated in trying to figure out why God places certain things, people and circumstances in our lives. But guess what, as long as you love the Lord it's working together for your good and mine (See Romans 8:28)

How can loosing my job, wrecking my car, finding out my mate has been cheating on me or that my best friend isn't my friend after all benefit me? Because it is then that we realize that when we are down to nothing we are able to see that God is up to something... One you've accepted the Lord Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, you became an official child of God. And God our Father wants us to cast all of our cares on Him and solely rely on Him. Sometimes God has to impose certain discomforts on us so that we can seek him wholly, and solely.

There are other times when He places us in impossible situations that would appear hopeless to a faithless person just because He knows that we will endure and fight the good fight of faith so that others can be encouraged by our testimonies. On occasion God wants to press things out of us that are displeasing to Him or in some way keeping us from going to the next level in Him.

Why are the things that are troubling you troubling you? Why do you feel like your constantly going through and can't get help from anywhere? I don't know. What I do know is that God has already predestined you for greatness. To everything there is a purpose. You are not going through alone and most of all, be encouraged knowing that you are not going through in vain. When you look things over and still don't see the point, remember that all things were made by God and without Him nothing was made and His thoughts are not our thoughts and His ways are not our ways. If you think things are hard for you to cope with with God in control, just think about how bad they would be if you and I were in control. So instead of trying to figure it out, let's just thank and Praise God for working it out.

Shanita Waters
Author of By His Stripes We are Healed
www.waterplantgrowth.com

1 comment:

GOD'S LADIE said...

AAAAYYYYY...MEN! Another insightful post.

LaTonya/FL