Tuesday, June 10, 2008

See it to Believe it...

1 When the queen of Sheba heard about the fame of Solomon and his relation to the name of the LORD, she came to test him with hard questions.6 She said to the king, "The report I heard in my own country about your achievements and your wisdom is true. 7 But I did not believe these things until I came and saw with my own eyes. Indeed, not even half was told me; in wisdom and wealth you have far exceeded the report I heard. (1 Kings 10:6-9 NIV)

When you live for God and are led by him people will know. You don't have to walk around with a sign to let people know you are saved, sanctified, and Holy Ghost filled because as believers we are the light in a world filled with darkness. So when they look at us they should see the light in us and more importantly - the Jesus on the inside working on the outside. We are the only Jesus that some people see. So as ambassadors for Christ, it is not only our privilege but our responsibility to represent Him well. In the text above, notice Solomon did not tell the queen that he was a man of God. Word traveled. The queen came to see him because she wanted to see if all that she heard was true. Because of your relationship with God, your integrity, character and faith will be tested.

Your testimony is simply not enough. Actions speak louder than words. People look to see if you are walking what you are talking. Some may try to trip you up with questions, some will wait to see what you are doing when you think that no one is watching. But we know that Someone is always watching. God is omniscient; He sees all and knows all. This is why it's important that we are always behaving as if God is sitting right there because He is. Because the queen went on a journey to see the God in Solomon, that leads us to believe that she did not know the Lord for herself. She did not belive that God could do all that she heard that He did. She had not yet experienced the Power of God moving in her own life but because of the wisdom and many blessings that God bestowed upon Solomon she belived what she saw. If we walk what we talk all the time like we are supposed to by doing so we are lifting Jesus up. He said that if we lift Him up, He would draw all men (and women) to Him. It drew the queen, didn't it?

So, my brothers and sisters the best advice I can leave you with is: if you want to win souls for the Lord and you want to declare His glory walk what you talk. Some people have not yet attained the measure of faith where they can walk by faith and not by sight. They need a sign. We are that sign; a chosen generation, a peculiar people, the salt of the earth - make them thirst for Jesus when they see you. Some need to see it to believe it.

SW
www.waterplantgrowth.com

1 comment:

GOD'S LADIE said...

Praise GOD! In my conversations with my coworkers who have not yet received Christ into their life, I notice that some do not want to go to church or accept Christ because of others that proclaim to be his children, but do and say things not of HIM. I try my hardest to be the light and sign for my FATHER. It is my responsibility. Thanks again for reminding me.
Be Blessed,
LaTonya